Khorne is the Blood God and Lord of Skulls. His bellows of rage echo endlessly throughout the Immaterium demanding bloodshed, death and destruction from his followers. Like his brother gods, he is empowered by the base emotions of mortals – hatred, rage, anger and the desire for violence. His gaze is drawn to the battlefields of the 41st Millenium where he favours those who bring him the greatest tithes of skulls and blood – whether they be blood-crazed berserkers or true champions of martial prowess.
- Sacred Number: Like all the Chaos Gods, Khorne has a sacred number. His natural affinity for the number eight is echoed endlessly throughout his realm – from the number of towers in his eternal fortress, The Brass Citadel, through to the number of Bloodthirster ranks. His mortal followers recognise this sacred number in their gruesome summoning rituals and bloody ceremonies.
- Hatred of Witches: Khorne views the use of magic and psychic powers as cowardly. His rage and anger find their natural home in hand-to-hand combat. As such, many of his followers favour the axe and sword; weapons that allow them to get up close and personal when collecting skulls for their master.
- The Great Game: As a god of warriors, Khorne has a sense of honour that despises the use of trickery and magic, giving him a natural rivalry with Tzeentch. However, it is Slaanesh that he loathes the most – whose self-indulgence and excess he finds insulting.
- Birth. Sometime in M2.
- First awakened sometime during ancient Terra’s 2nd Millenium, Khorne’s birth was followed by an era of wars and conflict that spread across the globe.
- Horus Heresy. 005.M31 — 014.M31
- Khorne claims the soul of the Primarch Angron and his World Eater legion during the Horus Heresy. The brain implants known as The Butcher’s Nails make him and his legion easily susceptible to the mindless rage of Khorne.
- Khorne sends his most favoured servant, the Bloodthirster Ka’Banda to the world of Signus Prime to turn the Primarch Sanguinius to his cause, or else destroy him. Barely surviving this first battle, Sanguinius would once again face Ka’Banda during the final Battle of Terra where he broke the daemon’s spine over his back while holding the Eternity Gate.
- Battle of Skalathrax — Sometime in early M31.
- A titanic battle fought between the Traitor Space Marine Legions of the World Eaters and the Emperor’s Children on the Daemon World of Skalathrax within the Eye of Terror. Due to the actions of Kharn the Betrayer, a captain of the World Eaters, the legion would all but consume itself in bitter conflict and split into countless smaller warbands.
- The First War of Armageddon. 444.M41
- Angron, now a Daemon Prince of Khorne, unites huge swathes of his legion and leads them – alongside hordes of daemons, traitors and mutants – on an assault on the world of Armageddon. Only the arrival of the entire Space Wolves chapter and a strike force of over 100 Grey Knights manages to maintain the Imperium’s control of the world and banish Angron back to the Warp.
- The Devastation of Baal. 999.M41
- As Hive Fleet Leviathan closes its jaws around the surviving sons of Sanguinius, Ka’Banda uses the opening of the Great Rift to unleash the legions of Khorne upon the world of Baal Primus for he will have none but himself be the doom of the Blood Angels and their successors. Only the arrival of Roboute Guilliman and the Indomitus Crusade allows saves those bearing the gene-seed of Sanguinius.
- The Great Rift and The Blood Crusade. 999.M41
- Following the success of the 13th Black Crusade by Abbadon the Despoiler and the destruction of Cadia, a massive Warp Storm cuts across the galaxy isolating thousands of worlds from the light of the Astronomican. Revelling in the confusion and chaos, Khorne unleashes his legions with the sole purpose of mass slaughter and destruction.